So the challenge from the Powers-That-Be at ChicagoNow: Write a post passionately defending your guilty pleasure(s). Yeah I know that was the feature of an episode of Glee. Jimmy hasn’t been the same since Julie left our ship so let’s cut the guy some slack.
This is what I really hate about our CN Blogapalooz events. the point of the exercise is to show bloggers that they can write a quality post in a short period of time so we get a broad topic and a wide berth of latitude on what we need to write about. The problem is that a topic like this one — and the other six we’ve gotten — isn’t something I want to write a sample exercise about; I want to write a post that knocks it out of the park.
Here are the ones we have been given previously:
- September: “Give advice to a person, place or thing.”
- October: “Write about a time you helped someone, or a time that you received help.”
- November: “Write about a great challenge faced by you or someone else.”
- December: “Write about something you learned or experienced since you woke up this morning.”
- January: “Write about a character or scene in a movie or book that affected you.”
- February: “Write about fear, or lack thereof, and the role it has played in any aspect of your life.”
How did I do on those? Let’s take a look:
1. Inviting the office to your wedding
2. FAIL: couldn’t come up with anything.
3. How I met my wife
4. FAIL: STNG: A Matter of Hone – Today I learned to eat gagh
5. Field of dreams: my favorite scene
6. FAIL: Best Decisions.
The truth is, I don’t really have any guilty pleasures. That’s because I don’t feel guilty about anything that I take part in that gives me pleasure.